Entries are hereby called for, for participation in the 2017 RMPA Polo Leagues. In 2017 there are two leagues:
- RMPA International League (12 to 14 goals)
- RMPA Merdeka League (0 to 4 goals)
There have been rule changes which are highlighted in yellow in the rules. The main changes are:
- Reversion in Merdeka League Fees to RM25,000 in 2017, from RM15,000 in 2016.
- All points earned in league tournament games will count as league points, as we used in the Merdeka League this year. For example if a team plays 4 games in a tournament and has a record of 1 outright win, 1 win in sudden death, 1 loss in sudden death and 1 outright loss, the league points it would have earned is 3+2+1+0 = 6 league points.
- 50% bonus points will be awarded for all matches at the final tournament of Merdeka League only (this does not apply to the International League):
- Outright win: 4.5 points
- Win in sudden death: 3
- Loss in sudden death: 1.5
- Outright loss: 0
- In addition, a bonus number of points based on the qualifying order of merit, if it is a tournament where every team plays each other in qualifying (3, 4 or 5 team tournament), or the final order of merit if it is a tournament of six or more teams:
- Champion = Number of teams +1
- 2nd place = Number of teams -1
- 3rd place = Number of teams -2
- And so on.
- With a change in HPA rules, a player who receives two yellow flags in a game is sent off for 2 minutes. A red card incurs a mandatory 1 match suspension. In our league, this should be carried over to the start of the next tournament, if it is in the final match. In addition, the rule 1.54 Penalty 10 states, “This may be increased by a disciplinary hearing.” Our rules have been adjusted to accommodate this possible increase.
Complete rules and entry forms can be downloaded here: 2017-rmpa-polo-league-regulations-20161212
Leagues are limited to 10 teams per league. The closing date for entries is 31st January 2017. Please make your entries early.
Teams/patrons/clubs with outstanding dues to RMPA have to clear all dues before their entries will be accepted.
Entries can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (03) 9200 4700. Entries are not considered till the entry fee is paid in full. Cheques should be made out to “Royal Malaysian Polo Association”.